“I have found compounded preparations from Koshland Pharm to be a valuable addition to my treatment repertoire.”
–Jerome Weiss, MD, pelvic pain specialist in San Francisco
Compounded pain relief medications can have a powerful impact on the lives of those suffering from chronic and acute pain. Compounded medications allow for perfectly customized treatments. By putting one or more analgesic ingredients in a topical cream, a medication can be applied directly to the site of injury. In some cases, this has eliminated the need for an oral medication.
We use Lipoderm®, the most advanced, most studied transdermal delivery base available. Click here to see the latest study showing Lipoderm’s® ability to deliver pain medications through the skin.
Medications used in compounded pain treatments can include:
- NSAIDs – such as ibuprofen, ketoprofen, & diclofenac
- Opiates – such as morphine, hydromorphone, & oxycodone
- Nerve pain modifiers – such as gabapentin, ketamine, amitriptyline, & clonidine
- Muscle relaxants – such as cyclobenzaprine, & baclofen
- Topical anesthetics – such as lidocaine, benzocaine, & tetracaine
- Corticosteroids – such as hydrocortisone, dexamethasone, & triamcinolone
Koshland Pharm meets the highest standards for quality and safety in its profession. Visit our Quality Assurance page for more information.
Dosage forms for pain management include:
- Topical creams & gels
- Dissolving sublingual troches
- Sugar-free lollipops
Our pain management newsletters:
All pages and forms used to transmit protected health information are encrypted with the use of SSL (128-bit or higher) technology.