Sinus, Ear, & Throat Treatments
Dosage forms include:
- Sinus rinses
- Solutions for nebulization
- Nasal sprays
- Alcohol-free suspensions
- Bioadhesive gels
- Ear powders
- Suspensions for extremely bitter drugs
- Transdermal creams
Customized medications can include single or multiple active ingredients, such as:
Topical sinus treatments from Koshland Pharm
For patients suffering from chronic, recurrent or resistant sinus conditions, a new delivery form for topical sinus treatments can be a real game-changer.
This new delivery form is a capsule, which is opened and emptied into saline, creating a solution that can be used for nebulization or irrigation. This capsule has as its base a dry powder excipient called LoxaSperse™, which is combined with the specific active pharmaceutical ingredients an individual patient needs, as determined by his/her doctor. This delivery form replaces the traditional aqueous solutions that had to be refrigerated and had short beyond-use-dates.
Advantages of LoxaSperse™ capsules:
- Longer beyond-use-date than aqueous solutions, requiring no refrigeration or preservatives
- Proprietary blend of xylitol and poloxamers reduces particles size and increases solubility and dispersibility of medications
- Validated through third party in vitro testing, available at pccarx.com/loxasperse
- Allow drugs to be delivered directly to the nasal and sinus cavities
- Contents of capsules are simply emptied into saline for irrigation or nebulization
The NasoNeb® Nasal Nebulizer
We carry the NasoNeb® Nasal Nebulizer as an option for delivery of topical sinus treatments. The NasoNeb® Nasal Nebulizer delivers a deep, penetrating aerosol to the nasal and paranasal sinus cavities with virtually no incidental pulmonary delivery of drugs and the risk of resultant complications common with small particle nebulizers. The NasoNeb® Nasal Nebulizer’s advantage, as demonstrated by peer-reviewed clinical data, derives from the unique combination of sufficient air flow, fluid volume, and particle size not found in any other device. The NasoNeb® Nasal Nebulizer takes 1-2 minutes to deliver your prescribed medication. Click here to learn more about the NasoNeb®, or call Koshland Pharm at 415.344.0600 to purchase.
All pages and forms used to transmit protected health information are encrypted with the use of SSL (128-bit or higher) technology.